Posts Tagged ‘energy source’
Welcome to Walco Power Solutions
Did you know?
- Eskom produces approximately 60% of the electricity on the African continent and, in terms of generating capacity, is the TENTH largest power company in the world.
- Eskom’s 26 power stations, located in different parts of the country, use coal, water, kerosene or uranium as their primary energy source and together keep the lights burning throughout southern Africa.
- Lethabo Power Station burns the lowest grade coal in the world.
- Koeberg is the only nuclear power station on the African continent.
- Apart from the dams and transmission lines, Drakensberg is located entirely underground.
- Palmiet is situated in the UNESCO registered Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, heart of the fynbos plant kingdom.
- Authorities predict an increase of electricity consumption of 15% per year.
- 60% of your electricity bill is caused by your geyser.
- Every time your geyser switches on it uses similar to that of 50 light bulbs!
- The average family uses less than 4 hours of hot water a day.
- The average family overpays for 600 hours of hot water every month that will never be used.
- Overfilling an electric kettle can waste enough energy to run a TV set for 26 hours!
- Leaving a computer monitor on overnight wastes as much energy as making 800 A4 photocopies!
- Lighting an empty meeting room overnight can waste enough energy to make 1000 cups of tea!